Texas Organic Research Center (TORC)
The mission of TORC is to provide research and information to homeowners, farmers, ranchers and other decision makers with the goal of helping stop the broad scale use of toxic chemical pesticides and fertilizers which are currently being sold and used in the futile attempt to grow crops and control insect pests and diseases.
TORC's position is that natural organic products and techniques work better in every way, including from an economic standpoint and actually improve the health of the soil as well as the production of plants and livestock. In short, TORC's goal is to improve health and thus quality of life by making natural organic management programs the new mainstream.
The basic theory is that Nature knows best. Soil should be improved with compost and other natural organic fertilizers, rock minerals and natural mulches. Research exists to back that theory, TORC's job is to provide additional research and classroom education based on current knowledge of natural organic techniques.
TORC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your contribution is fully tax deductible to the extent provided by law. TORC's tax ID number is: 75-2927872. Please make a donation to TORC today: online ("Buy a Donation") or by US Postal Mail.
Accepted & Unaccepted Organic
Soil Amendment & Fertilizer Products Click Here
What is TORC?
- A non-profit research institute focused on demonstrating the effectiveness of organic approaches in gardening, landscape management and agribusiness.
- Emphasis is on conducting and facilitating research on organic methods, acting as a clearinghouse for information on organic approaches and increasing awareness through public education.
- Despite much interest and experimentation in organics, the “Organic Community” has not had the benefit of major funding for research or well-funded lobbyists to spread the word.
Why Is TORC Important?
- By bringing together existing research, facilitating and conducting new research and spreading the word through public information and education, TORC will respond to the demand for conclusive evidence that:
- Organics work better than chemical approaches.
- Organic solutions are less costly than chemicals.
- Organics are safer and create a more healthful and sustaining environment.
How Do I Get Involved?
- As a start-up non-profit, TORC has a variety of needs. Our most urgent need is obtain funding which will be used to continue to develop our educational programs and web site, which will contain all the current research and related information supporting Organic programs.
- Once funded, TORC plans to establish an office and research facilities.